It has been a while since I have posted and I wanted to get you all up to date on some of what we have been working on in September. Also, I wanted to tell you all how happy I am that the summer of 2012 has finally ended. In fact, while I am posting this, we are having our first frost delay of the fall.
- All thin turf areas in the rough that were damaged from the drought were overseeded with a slit seeder, we used a total of 2000lbs of a tall fescue blend.
- Range tee was shut down for the year to overseed with Rye Grass.
- All putting greens were aerified, fertilized, and topdressed
- All Zoysia turf was fertilized with a 5-10-31 to harden them off for the winter.
- All putting greens were also treated with a pre-emergent to prevent annual bluegrass.
- As you can see in the photos above we tilled the soil along the cart path of 7 River course, then we scraped the excess soil so water can drain off of the cart path and we planted a fescue turf.
- Sprayed all rough on the Rock course with a herbicide to kill broadleaf weeds.