Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Finding Valves

Sprinkler valves before photo
Sprinkler valve after photo

Rob Vertical Cutting the Greens
During week 3 we went through the entire river course and found irrigation valves and edged them.  As you can see in the photo this was not an easy job because most valves were completely covered with turf, some several inches deep.  In week 4 we will charge up the irrigation system, and because we found all the valves, if we have any issues it will now be easy to isolate the water.  Also in week 3 we verticut the greens two different directions.  There was excessive thatch on the greens and this process removes the thatch and allows for a true, smooth roll.  We then put a light topdress of sand on them and sprayed a light application of iron. In the bottom photo we did some bridge repair work.  All posts are now straight and we put a fresh coat of black paint on them.
Bridge work after 
Bridge work before

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.